It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Salomon Equipe 10 Review
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:59 pm 
Forum Founder

I got a pair of these skiis late last winter. I am on 186 warm with stiff flex and I go 160lbs. I had skied a number of years on Rossignol X-iums and loved them. However, comparing the two couldnt be different.

I think the Rossis are what you'd call a "lively" or "springy" ski and the Salomons are "smooth". I've heard some say the Salomons are a dead ski, but I couldnt disagree more. While they are not as spingy as Rossi's because the pocket is much smaller than the Rossi's, they feel very stable.

The first thing I noticed comparing the two skis side by side is the the Rossi's have a much more pronounced pocket. But once the on the ski the Salomons feel very smooth and stable. When you plant the ski it tracks beautifully. Personally, I think its one of the best hard track skis available, which seems to be backed up by the testing done at Eagle River Nordic. The Equipe 10s use a smaller pocket, but the ski is stiffer thus it takes more weight to compress. Whereas, the Rossi's have to flex further when weight giving them the lively feel. I have never thought my Salomons felt dead. If anything they just feel very stable. Which helps someone like me that doesnt have world class form.

I do feel I get better glide because I am able to stay on the ski longer due to its stability. They dont seem to be a popular ski yet but I am very happy with mine. In fact, I liked them so much I bought my wife a pair.

[img:3udfsk04]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/xcskiforum.jpg[/img:3udfsk04]