It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Atomic rs10 info
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 pm 
xcskiforum 10K

I am trying to find info on atomic rs-10 skis. Anyone have anything? Size chart? Race or sport ski? What years were these made? Anyone have any opinions on them?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Atomic rs10 info
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 pm 
xcskiforum 40K

That's one step below the RS-11 which was Atomic's top of the line ski in the day. They would be comparable to a modern day Salomon Equipe 9, Rossignol Delta Course, Fischer RCR, Peltonen Zenith, etc (not in terms of construction but in terms of the level of ski). I wouldn't race on it but for training or recreational skiing it's great. My dad owns a pair of RC-10's (the classic version). Also, if you're looking at buying the ski without a binding and the ski has a groove running all the way along the ski, be warned that the little plastic filler piece is a nightmare to get your hands on.

nes-design-construction.com

Nick Spurling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 am 
World Cup

Superski wrote:
I am trying to find info on atomic rs-10 skis. Anyone have anything? Size chart? Race or sport ski? What years were these made? Anyone have any opinions on them?

Thanks

IIRC, Atomic overhauled their ski naming convention somewhere around 2007. The current models of their racing line are "World Cup" "Race" "Team" "Pro" and "Sport". Prior to that, the lines were either "RS" for skate, or "RC" for classic, and they were numbered 11, 10, 9, and 8 with 11 being the equivalent of today's "World Cup" line.

The RS 10 would be their second tier skate ski, holding a place in the Atomic lineup like today's "Race Skate" model. Overall a good ski in the day, suitable for training and racing. Not as good as today's models, but a fine ski nonetheless.

If you're just starting out, the ski fits (of critical importance), and the price is right, you could do a lot worse.....

Eric

.....and yeah...make sure the skis come with the spacers to mount the bindings, you'll be SOL trying to mount the bindings without those.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm 
xcskiforum 10K

Thanks for the help guys! I understand the fit is important too. That is why I am looking for some sizing tables for them. I am just starting out in skating. Been doing classic for 20 years. I am 5'-10" 150lbs. Thanks again guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 pm 
World Cup

Superski wrote:
Thanks for the help guys! I understand the fit is important too. That is why I am looking for some sizing tables for them.

A couple of possible options:

1. Call around to a shop that deals in Atomic, they may have an old size/fit chart still hanging around in a filing cabinet somewhere, or they may have an idea based on the numbers/codes on the skis themselves.
2. If you can, maybe take the skis in to a shop and have them check the fitting. This can be hard to do if the skis are not local, but you may be able to have the seller go in to a local ski shop and have them flex tested for your weight.

HTH

Eric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm 
xcskiforum 40K

Definitely have them flex tested, a ski of that age could have lost a serious amount of camber and even if it's barely been skied on, camber can change 20-30 pounds for the same length of ski.

nes-design-construction.com

Nick Spurling